Life In 2017 - A Pictorial Post + My Only Goal For The Year

By Melissa - Friday, February 03, 2017

I know, this post is slightly late.

But, in my defence (a beloved line for lawyers and procrastinators alike), the first month of 2017 slipped through my fingers swifter than sand; the weekly travels were entirely to blame. Also, I began (but never finished) writing this entry in a strangely vacant airport last week while waiting to board the plane; surely, such a gallant attempt must be commended.

To make up for lost time, here are a few snapshots captured during the first month of 2017:


JAN 1ST, 2017
My bubba. This is the face of sheer bliss and utter contentment after a bath from Mumma. 




JAN 7TH, 2017
Flew back to Penang and packed on the pretty for one of my dearest friends’ wedding. Pictured here with Cinderella.





JAN 12TH, 2017
Homemade lunch of lotus root soup with chickpeas.
Comfort food to ameliorate the massive headache I woke up with, due to the sweeping haze over KL.





JAN 14TH, 2017 (AM)
Childhood friends at our childhood friend’s wedding.
T’was a beautiful morning in church that day.




JAN 14TH, 2017 (PM)
Zoomed off for tea with my godbrother, forewent the event I was slated for, and tea segued into dinner.





JAN 19TH, 2017
View from my window seat, right after take-off.
That day, I learned that Usain Bolt has got nothing on me. Read the full story *here*.




JAN 20TH, 2017
Been awhile since I last hit the stage. Fun night performing at my childhood friend's reception in Penang.




JAN 27TH, 2017 (AM)
These are a few of my favourite things... Simple, homemade reunion lunch with my family.




JAN 27TH, 2017 (PM)
Deviated from the ushe and had Japanese for our reunion dinner with my grandaunt and her family.




JAN 28TH, 2017
First day of the Lunar New Year.
Pineapple tarts, I'll have you know, I am not immune to your charms.




JAN 29TH, 2017
My happy place - A glass of juice (laying off alcohol for a little bit), gentle afternoon breeze with rays of sunshine slipping through the leaves,
placid waters and intelligent conversation. 

I’m not big on New Year resolutions. Never have, never will be. 

But somehow, when I had to hit the ground running the moment 2017 beckoned, I realised how much I missed me. While I may not believe in the life-altering power of having New Year resolutions, I have decided upon a goal for life in 2017, and it is this:




To rediscover me. To pry myself away from staggered societal labels. To know what makes me tick.
To identify what sets my soul on fire. To have the courage to pursue my true wants, dreams and wishes.
To come back to me, for me, and not anyone else.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments