Can't Believe We're Only Halfway Through

By Melissa - Thursday, June 09, 2016

2016, that is.

I haven’t been blogging as much as I want to, of late. On some days, it feels as though Time has flown by. And on other days, I wish Time would stand still just a wee bit longer.

Work is playing nice tonight - I’ve just sent in the necessary a little while ago and I’m done for the day, so here are a few current-day ramblings.

• After my lovely holiday to Hanoi, my body clock went completely bonkers on me (it was crazy before, but not as much as this). Every day, like clockwork, I’ll be awake by 5 - 6am (regardless of when I turn in, which is usually at 1am or later) and there’s no going back to La La Land till a couple of hours later. By then, my alarm would be screeching and I’d be forced out of bed against my will.

• I’m bracing myself for the work storm that is to come in about a week or so. At the same time, my little space demands my attention just as much and I am trying to stay sane above it all; with a little help from the magical powers of tea, candles and essential oils.

 • I have a complimentary facial review slated for Saturday morning, which I sincerely hope (with my fingers and toes crossed) would be divinely relaxing. Followed by a product launch event at Sephora later in the evening. Looks like it’s gonna be a working weekend with some perks thrown in for me.

• Made a conscious decision to begin clean eating again, because health is wealth and I do not want to take it for granted. It takes a little time and a lot of effort, but I believe it is a worthy investment; one which I’ll be thankful for 10 or 20 years down the road. A couple of pics...


Lettuce, romaine and frillice as base, steamed broccoli, chopped mango, boiled egg + roasted honey-tumeric chicken breast.


Cabbage and carrot soup with steamed broccoli + boiled egg.

• I miss my family and my four-legged son more than I’d like to admit.

• It’s June now and I’m already preparing my schedule (work, life, travel) for July. And, things are looking rather chaotic a month from now.

***

I should probably stop listing down my to-do’s here and get hustlin’ before bedtime calls. Check in again soon!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments