Wanderlust… Nothing Another Vacation Won’t Fix…

By Melissa - Wednesday, August 26, 2015

My favourite element about traveling is the uncertainty; the frisson in not knowing what to expect, thrills me.

That’s the beauty about traveling to a foreign place, somewhere far from where you’re used to, on your own terms - You arm yourself with knowledge about the place, fall in love before you ever set foot in it and when you finally do arrive, it still manages to take your breath away.

My trip to Hong Kong and Macau the previous month was meticulously planned and fastidiously executed. I did a thorough research about the food, culture and shopping spots, our days began at 7am and ended past midnight (with heaps of walking and MTR rides in between). We were worn to our bones when our week-long holiday was up, but I would do it all over again without batting an eyelid.

This quick getaway is a stark contrast to my me-gift - Rosanne and I casually dreamed about treating ourselves to a beach vacation, a pretty good deal popped up (wily temptress, just begging to be taken) and we impulsively decided to book it just a little while ago.




My luggage is markedly lighter and we have made absolutely no plans, except to repeat this foolproof cycle - sleep in, order room service and soak up some sun whenever we feel like it. Our only prerequisites for this vacay are: 1) An out-of-this-world bed to sink into and, 2) A really good bottle of wine.

I can feel the decadence calling… and I’m unashamedly indulging in it for the next three days.

Be back with snapshots, sun-kissed skin and tousled beach waves… Toodles!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments