The Weekend That Was - Celebrating My Best Friend Of 11 Years @ El Faro

By Melissa - Monday, June 15, 2015

A hasty update, before I get back to my errands on my day off.


------------


I love slow and easy weekends.

Most of the time, my weekend consists of a good dose of sleep, lounging in my PJs till noon, noshing on a late lunch or early tea and doing some reading.

This past weekend, I swapped my shorts for a pair of black skinnies and my cotton tee for a lacy top. All that, plus make-up and dangling earrings.

Why the extra effort, you ask?

All for an idyllic birthday celebration with my bestest and dearest friend of 11 years.

I have long loved Spanish cuisine. Back when I was in KL, I used to visit La Bodega and Alexis for my tapas fix. We decided to try El Faro and were supremely pleased with the food there.

Here was what we had:


• Gambas Al Ajillo - Prawns with white wine and garlic.






• Pork Flamenquines with Manchego Cheese - Breaded pork loin chops, topped with Manchego cheese.






• Patatas Bravas - Crispy fried potatoes in spicy tomato sauce.






• El Faro Seafood Paella - Commonly regarded as Spain's national dish, the rice is cooked with paprika and saffron, topped with an assortment of seafood and chicken cubes.






Our silent reverence for the sumptuous spread before us was punctuated by occasional gulps of water. We were both in foodie haven, and I couldn't have asked for a better dinner companion.

We moved on to Häagen-Dazs for dessert and over the lusciously creamy decadence, we shared an honest to God heart-to-heart about our dreams and plans for the future.





With each passing year, I'm immensely thankful for friendships that has stood the test of time. You're my angel sent from heaven, Annie. Happy Birthday, Babypork! Love you heaps...





*


Related post(s):

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments