Travel Log - Ho Chi Minh (April 2015) | Part ONE

By Melissa - Sunday, April 12, 2015

When my boss mentioned that I'd enjoy Vietnam, I didn't think much of his remark because: a) the things that I've heard about the country weren't all too pleasant, and b) I was too swamped with Work.

After being in the country for almost a week, I must say that my boss was quite right - I did enjoy being there. In fact, if an opportunity to visit this populous city presents itself again, I wouldn't mind taking it up.

Ho Chi Minh (HCM) is a city that throbs with life and pulsates with energy. Traffic is buzzing madness in this vibrant metropolitan (the jams here are less insane compared to Bangkok and Jakarta - notorious for their severe traffic congestion), there's a staggering amount of motorbikes on the road and the drivers in HCM bring a whole new meaning to the word daredevil.

The seamless blend of modernity, historical sites and ancient places of worship is what makes HCM an immensely interesting melting pot of culture and tradition.


Monday (Apr 6th, 2015)

AM: Take-off. Flight route: Penang > KL > Ho Chi Minh.


Brunch - Sambal Fish and Red Wine.




In-flight USB port to replenish my battery's juices.



Noon: Checked in to our rooms at the Club Floor.










We were whisked to the Executive Lounge after exchanging pleasantries with the hotel staff and were immediately thrusted with cold beverages upon arrival. Turns out, residents of the Club Floor were granted with unlimited access to the Executive Lounge and therein, all-day access to an endless supply of finger food, snacks, beverages and alcohol. T'was the best thing I heard that day.

Oh, we get to send two pieces of clothing for laundry daily as well. If I had known this beforehand, I wouldn't have spent a chunk of my time ironing my shirts...


Executive Lounge at Hotel Equatorial HCM. 





Canapés and St. Pellegrino.



PM: After a full day of meetings, we were treated to a seafood dinner, Vietnamese-style.


1/3 of our entire dinner portion.


Afterwards, we loitered around town to walk off the calories we consumed over dinner.





Tuesday (Apr 7th, 2015)

AM: Breakfast, followed by a whole lot of work.


Aelwen and Peppermint tea.



The view of the city from where I was sitting.



PM: Quick bite / early dinner at the lounge.





The guys came by a little while later and had their fill of finger food and sushi. We tarried with our phones for a bit, and then decided to head out to Ben Thanh Market.





There, we heartily chomped down Vietnam's most quintessential dishes - Vietnamese Spring Rolls and Pho (chicken for me, instead of beef).




------------


To be continued...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments