Travel Log - Hatyai (April 2015)

By Melissa - Monday, April 27, 2015

Saturday (April 25th, 2015)

AM: Snailed out of bed, hit the shower and got ready. Left our home at 6am for the City of Tomyam and Pork Trotters.

Noon: After a dreadfully lengthy wait at the immigration counter, we finally arrived at 11:30am (local time).




Checked-in to the hotel and since our rooms were not ready for us just yet, we headed out for lunch on foot.

Lunch. Satisfyingly incredible lunch.





Swensen's Mango Ice-Cream with Pandan Sticky Rice.


We do quite a fair bit of walking whenever we're in Hatyai. I tell myself that the exercise compensates for my gluttony while I'm in town. My body is no longer convinced by that fictional theory.


PM: Dinner at Suanchuensuk.

The food was as good as I remembered it to be, although it might be hard to tell from the photos (which are frankly quite unattractive because of the dimmed setting in the restaurant). Afterwards, my uncle confidently entrusted the wheel in my care, and I got to drive around town for a bit. 





Sunday (April 26th, 2015)

AM: Breakfast at the hotel, followed by a trip to the local Thai market.





Noon: Our search for the Teochew-Thai restaurant was somewhat uncomfortable under the grueling heat, but well worth it when we found the place.







My must-have dessert whenever I'm in Thailand - Coconut ice-cream with sticky rice and peanuts.



PM: Made a pit stop at the night market on the way home.


I squealed with delight when I saw these SUPER adorable mini (and very edible) sweet and savory treats.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments