Thanksgiving 2014

By Melissa - Thursday, November 27, 2014

This time last year, I thought I was walking on a bed of spikes with the fires of hell ablaze on every side of the room.

And then, this year beckoned, and I realized that last year had been a walk in the park.

2014 has been an amalgamation of all sorts of pain - betrayal, heartache, unkind accusations, the abrupt demise of a very close family friendpsycho work days and we're still a little over a month shy from the year drawing to a close.

With all that has taken place, my vision was temporarily clouded and it was difficult to believe that God is in the boat with me through this stormy chapter.

Yet, in my heart of hearts, I know that one day, maybe not today, but some day, it will all make sense and He will make everything beautiful in His time.

I choose to be thankful for:

1. God

In spite of my anger and resentment towards You many many times this year, You have never failed to let me know that You are close to the broken hearted and reaffirmed that Your audacious love for me is something that can never be taken away. I'm undeserving, and forever grateful for Your amazing grace.

2. Family

Through thick and thin, come hell or high water… Forever and always.

3.  Friends

Treasures from above, you know who you are. Thank you, for staying and for being you.

4. A job

Sure, sometimes the workload is maddening, the hours are inconvenient and I get stuck in a rut creatively. But, it's a small price to pay for being able to be financially independent.

5. Good health

No amount of wealth will do if your health is down in the dumps. Good health is a boon that many take for granted until something threatening weaves itself into the picture.

I'm thankful that my loved ones are not riddled with any physical ailment or life-threatening disease.

6. Food on the table, every day

To most of us, food is a source of comfort and pleasure; but to the less fortunate, food is a means for survival. I'm thankful for parents that made certain a rumbling stomach is never something that I have to go to bed with.

7. A home to come back to

More than a house, I'm thankful that every day, I get to come home to Love, Protection, Comfort and... Max.

8. Occasional speckles of spoiling

Being spoiled and having enough to pamper myself with the finer things in life (clothes, fine dining, etc...) every once in awhile is one of Life's reward for working hard, and I must say, I take joy in lapping it up.


------------




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments