Boys Are Big Bullies

By Melissa - Thursday, July 03, 2014

At CM, I spend a considerable amount of my time working with men. And, unlike the guys I've worked on projects with in the past (outside of work), my male colleagues at CM are a breath of fresh air - They are not at all chauvinistic and I'm grateful every day that I've never been denied of any opportunities at work because of my gender.

However, boys being boys, they thrive (with a massive amount of joy) in poking fun at what I say and do on a DAILY basis.


----------


Some of this week's office shenanigans:


1. Abusive Santa


MY hair clip, wedged on MY arm - Santa's doing. 


To be fair to him, here's why that *points above* happened...

Santa has arms that are pretty chunky and quite frankly, I can't resist… not punching them. It's as though they're begging to be boxed.

It seemed like the most natural thing in the world to adopt his arms as my personal punching bag and throw tame jabs at them whenever I feel like it. He was docile about it... until yesterday.

He waited patiently for me to finish, swiftly caught hold of my arm and did the above. OUCH.


2. TweedleDUMB

My colleague and I were perusing the Internet; ooh-ing and aah-ing over some of the hairstyles that piqued our fancy.

We talked about caring for our manes and I casually mentioned to her that I had a digital perm several months back. That's when my XY-chromosome colleague (let's call him Tweedledum - his nickname in the office) struck…

Me: *chatters excitedly to my colleague* I did a digital perm a few months ago and it was so worth every cent I paid. The curls are so bouncy and defined.

Tweedledum: *chips in with feigned innocence* You did a digital perm. WOW! Is there an ANALOG perm too?

Me: *unamused* HAR HAR. NOT. FUNNY.

Everyone else in the room: *bursts out laughing* HAHAHAHAHA. You're funny (to Tweedledum).

My boss: *still laughing* You asked for it. HAHAHAHA.


3. AIRhead

I was toting Aelwen in my arms and walking towards a presentation meeting when Santa came up behind me and said…

Santa: Wow, your MacBook Air looks really light. I think I can smash it on your head and nothing will happen, since it's MacBook Air. Get it, get it? Come on, let's do it. *grinning widely*

Me: *rolls eyes* NO. You're not cracking my skull today. 

Santa: BUT....... WHY NOT??!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments