My Many Misses of Life as a University Student

By Melissa - Friday, March 08, 2013


  1. Sleeping in
- Nuff said.


  1. Staying up late
-       Keeping up with series and re-watching old movies are essential for my mental development, and is best done late into the night.


  1. Hating 8am morning classes
-       Throughout my 2 years at Taylor’s University, I was incredibly successful in veering my original timetable (set by the university) to suit my liking. That means a maximum of only ONE 8am class per week. Once, for one of the semesters, I managed to get Mondays AND Fridays off. Big time win.


  1. Long lunch breaks
-       60 minutes is an hour too short.


  1. Ample free time
- College and university students get loads of free time, LOADS.


  1. Brunch and shopping time with Tinki Talks.
-       Numbers 4 and 5 will usually mean quality time with her. I miss our sharing, dissing and shopping sessions.


  1. Assignment deadlines
-       I miss meeting assignment deadlines and staying up till wee hours of the morning (or pulling an all-nighter) to complete ‘em. My friends often say that I put the PRO in procrastinator. I miss the adrenaline rush that comes every time I punch Assignment Deadlines in the face*victory fist in the air*


  1. SOME KL food
-       I have a course mate who dedicates his time to criticising Penang, to whom I would always retort: “KL has been giving you so much fake stuff, especially where food is concerned that you forgot what real looks like. Poor soul, being delusional is a condition that needs attention.”

Don’t mess with me when it comes to the food in Penang. It is THE best. PERIOD.

However, I do miss some of the food items and joints I frequent when I was living there: Jojo’s Little Kitchen’s spicy pan mee, Sri Nirwana Maju’s banana leaf (fried and crispy gourds FTW!), Red velvet cupcakes from The Upstairs Café, Tiramisu from Alexis, Nasi Bojari and Banana Fritters with Ice-Cream at Madam Kwan’s, Snowflake’s Soya Ice with lotus seeds and grass jelly and Murni’s Triple Cheese Naan (!!!).


  1. Instant noodles or bread marathon 
-       Done in a bid to save up for an opulent item (read: anything that costs more than half of my monthly allowance) or after I have performed the sinful deed (got ahead of time and got that expensive item at the start of the month).


----------


The thing I miss most about life as a university student?


  1. Being a university student.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments