Desires and Dreams

By Melissa - Friday, December 04, 2009

As much as I prefer face-to-face communication, every now and then, having an IM conversation has been proven beneficial for my mental health.

I was conversing with a friend, and perhaps, I should share a portion of my dreams in life here. For solidifying purposes, to not forget it and some day if I need direction, I could look through the chronicles of Chatty Lass and be sure to make the right decision.

See, I enjoy cultivating and nurturing my imagination. In fact, I believe that it is rather healthy to do so. Time and again, it has provided escapism from the harsh reality into a world of endless possibilities and countless dreams. Suffice to say, I name day(or night)dreaming as one of my favourite pastimes.

So, here goes.

What I am sharing today comes straight from my heart, no fancy trimmings. They happen to be my deepest desires in life, straight from the pages of my journal.

The process of translating matters of the heart into words is no simple task, and please understand that I don’t ever do this lightly.


I want to be able to spend the rest of my days doing what I truly love. At this point in my life, I realised that all I want to do is sing for God. All within me aches to do that and if all I have to do is that, I would. Forget the money involved whilst pursuing the corporate ladder, forget the possible fame, forget the opportunities to rub shoulders with distinguished names. I do not want to be lulled into the temporal pleasures of a dying world, but to sow into an eternal kingdom. I think that the highest calling in life is to serve my King, and I wouldn’t give it up for anything in this world.

I want to be able to write, impact lives through my pennings. When I am writing, I need to be in an enclosed space, no disturbances and most definitely, no unwanted noise. Selfish, I guess. Unhealthy, I’ve been told. But, that is how my being functions. I’ve tried to break this habit, but to no avail. I want to write a book, maybe. I desire to write weekly columns, to inspire every person alive to cherish and celebrate life; never bordered or stifled by this society’s status bar, but to march on forward with unflinching resolve.

I hope to do away with the hustle-bustle of the city life, and embrace a more relaxed lifestyle. No packed schedules and appointment dates, no crowded places, no overachievers to aid the growth of a stressful, crowd-pleasing society. God willing, I want to have a little place (I have never liked a palatial mansion-like abode) strategically located to have quick access to the city but at the same time, peaceful and tranquil. Close proximity to the beach or a park, and I would be in haven.

With that, I desire to be paired up to someone who would be supportive of what I do and am going to do. To share this life and serve my Beautiful Jesus with that person, and to do that with him for the rest of our days. He must love Him more than he loves me, not the other way around.

If I were to have children, I am going to bring them up in an environment of love. My personal belief is that, “It is impossible to spoil a child with too much love.” I want to bring my children up without the hassle of suffocating customs, because there is nothing to be gained from that. Manners are of utmost importance, but I want them to grow up into their own person.



As I transferred the details of my journal into cyberspace, I noticed that the ink on the pages were smeared and blotty. My vision got cloudy.

I raised my hands to my cheeks and realised they were damp.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments